Here are some helpful tips that you can try at home before giving us a call. It may save you time and money.
- Check your air filters and replace them if necessary. Although it may seem simple, a dirty and clogged air filter can cause irregularities in your HVAC system.
- Check your supply and return vents for obstructions. Also, make sure that furniture is at least 2 feet away from the vent to prevent poor air flow.
- Clear debris from the outdoor unit. Tree limbs, branches and leaves can suffocate the unit as they are sucked on the surface.
- Check the thermostat and make sure it is in the proper “cooling” or “heating” mode. In the Houston climate, weather can change daily, making this more common than expected
- Replace the thermostat batteries.
- Check the breakers, switches, and disconnects and make sure they are in the “ON” position.
If none of the above-mentioned suggestions fix the problem leave the fan on a “continuous” setting and contact us immediately for repair service.